1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Updating to 2.3.5 from 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JAlva, Nov 14, 2011.

1. JAlva

JAlva Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    Hey everyone! I have done a tremendous amount of searching and couldn't find the answer I am looking for, maybe you can help me out a bit.

I originally had updated my captivate i897 from 2.2 (stock OS) to 2.3.5 and it worked fine, the only issue i had was a constant error of the tetheringmanager unexpectedly stopped and I had to force close... I had to replace my phone because I damaged it by accident (crushed it).. anywho...

My new captivate (i897) through AT&T is stocked with 2.2. I rooted it to uninstall the AT&T apps that were slowing down my phone overall. I wanted to know if there was a way to update to 2.3.5 from a rooted 2.2?

On my last phone, I used ODIN v1.0 to update to 2.3.5.. but didn't know if doing it again with a rooted 2.2 would screw up my new phone. Also, will this update to 2.3.5 reinstall the AT&T apps.. also, how would i remedy the tethering issue.... maybe uninstall while i have 2.2 before updating? Any help will be fine! Thanks!

J

Advertisement

2. rambler75

rambler75 Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    I updated to 2.3.5 also from a 2.2, my phone was rooted also. I'm having the same problem with the tethering manager. Its more of a nuisance than anything, would love to know how to just disable the tethering option, I never use it.

3. JAlva

JAlva Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    I figured the tethering... I went into Android system recovery and did a wipe data/factory reset... 2.3.5 will remain on your phone but will fix the tethering error... =) This cleans out the 2.3.5 somehow and refreshes the tethering manager...