• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updating to V2.2

Im just off the phone with HTC Tech support and they have confused my poor wee brain.

I was questioning why my Desire v1.15 has not received updated to either V1.22 or V2.2 when checking for updates using the "System software updates" feature in "About phone" menu.

They said my phone didnt need V1.22, its different carrier/model no firmware, ok fair enough. But as for V2.2 i can only access that when i receive an OTA txt message giving me access to the download server. "System software updates" is only for minor patches, not full updates. Orange are telling me, and im sure ive read on here, that to get V2.2 i need to do a "System software update" check. Has anybody received these txts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones