1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Updating with OTA File.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GESYMSB, Nov 14, 2014.

1. GESYMSB

GESYMSB Lurker

Hello, I got an OTA File from HTC ( OTA_ZARA_CL_K44_SENSE55 )
    that as you can see, will upgrade the phone to KitKat and Sense 5.5

However I have Philz Touch Recovery Version 6.12.8
    updated to 6.19.3 Based on ClockworkMod Version 6.0.4.7

When Updating, I getting an error on a file saying is not there
    went in reality, is there, any one knows a solution for this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you are using a custom recovery, and so presumably have a rooted ROM, I'm not sure that using an OTA file, a patch update designed to work with a specific version of the unmodified phone software, would be a good idea.

For the best advice though you need to ask in the forum for the device you have (this one is for the original 2010 Desire). I'll ask one of the mods to move the thread.

scary alien likes this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Thank you, kind sir! :thumbup: :)

GESYMSB, I've moved your thread over here to the HTC Desire 610 area--but I really think it belongs in the all-things-root area for that device since you are indeed rooted and have a custom recovery installed (which I'll do in just a second...).

You're OTA is indeed likely, as our friend Hadron mentioned above, to check for the presence of the stock recovery and will likely complain (and refuse to further process/install) when it finds your custom recovery installed.

I'll let the good folks that are most familiar with your 601 chime-in for further details about your device.

Cheers and best of luck!

edit: I almost forgot--you can view your /cache/recovery/last_install log file (I believe that's the right one) to get the details about why the OTA would have failed to install--that's where all of the installation messages would/will be logged.

HTC Desire 610 Forum

The HTC Desire 610 release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2040mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews