• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Android OS 1.6 on Xperia

rupeshd18

Lurker
Sep 18, 2010
Hi,

I have SE Xperia Handset.Complete Details are as below :)
Model Number: X10i
FirmWare Version: 1.6
Baseband version: 1.1.31
Kernel Verion: 2.6.29-rel (semc-android@SEMC #2)
Build number: R2BA026

Can I upgrade android OS to its latest version? If yes then what is the procedure?
Please reply.Thanks.

Regards,
Rupesh

I have already posted an answer on another thread for you Rupesh. But just to reiterate, you are on the current firmware. The new release is due sometime next week and will be available to your phone dependent on your carrier releasing it.

Who cares to make a bet with me that AT&T will not roll out the upgrade - at least not till 6 months after everyone else has it.
:mad:

Upvote 0
Who cares to make a bet with me that AT&T will not roll out the upgrade - at least not till 6 months after everyone else has it.
:mad:

As much as I hate to say it. I agree with you, best bet, end of year and than not likely as new phones and the holidays will push us X10 pitiful people out of the way. Really at that point, whats the point? 2.2 will be on everything and 3.0 is right around the corner, and SE will be showing off the X12. We the X10 will be the bast***** Child at that point. So either we get it soon as in real soon or it will be to little to late! Just my 2 cents of course!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones