1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support upgrade/factory reset problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fremus, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Fremus

Fremus Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    Hi all,

recently i purched the HTC Incredible S.

The phone indicated that there is an update available - i downloaded it and started installing. The problem is that for three hours the phone restarting and getting back on (to the white screen where a green HTC is written)... therefore i decided to factory reset the phone.

So i followed the steps from here: HTC Incredible S - Resetting your phone

How long does this usually take? it's been to long in the same white screen.

Are there any other options available?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Pull the battery and try again. Should only take 20 mins at most.

3. sudhirreddy74

sudhirreddy74 Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    i guess u r having a problem because u bought the phone in a different country and r trying to use it some where else. htc with incredible s has started to have country specific rom's and therefore if u install an upgrade of a different country version, it just wont work.

in your case it is apparent that ur mother board of the phone has gone defective during the update process and it needs to be replaced. there are two options for u, one is that if u have a valid international warranty, u may be able to get the board replaced under warranty. but u will again get the rom of the original country. the other option is that u pay for the rom specific to your country where u intend using the phone, its expensive option but the best option,

in case u get the original country rom replaced, just dont upgrade ur phone (i know its a limitation) but it will work quite fine anyway.
    hope this info helps u.