1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Upgrade fee for adding a line???

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by Satires, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Satires

Satires Android Expert

My wife has the lg f6 and the 60.00 dollar unlimited plan, I just went up to metro yesterday and bought myself an f6 and had them put it onto her account so we could get the 5 dollar savings on each line.

The bill came out to 169 bucks and some change. The receipt says 69.99 for the phone, the 60.00 for the unlimited data, 15.00 for activation and yet another 15.00 for an upgrade.

They charge an upgrade fee to add a line???:thinking:

Advertisement

2. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Yes.. To avoid random metro fees online is best

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

No other way to avoid this but buy all at the same time..

4. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

We did some changes to our account today to get the 4 for 100 deal. We canceled our last CDMA line and then added a new line. We paid $20 for the phone and $25 for the service. Since we are close to our bill date, the next bill will be prorated and be less than $100

5. Satires

Satires Android Expert

That's the thing I have always felt uncomfortable with, is these metro pcs stores. I feel compelled to deal with Metro though after what Verizon pulled. It's not that I cannot afford Verizon, I can't justify the cost seeing as how I'm not a so to speak smartphone addict anymore.

Went to another metro pcs store the day after (Which I forgot to mention) to pick up a case for my phone and asked them about that fee, and ofcourse he said he never heard of that and said to call corporate. He made the suggestion to take it back and come back and buy from him, of course... lol

The money at the moment isn't the issue, it's the principal. It seems as time goes on we as Americans are getting fleeced more and more and people more and more are turning to dishonesty or shady practices to make a buck...

6. Satires

Satires Android Expert

Yeah, I got a text the next day saying my bill for my phone would be 63.00 dollars the next month! lol I made the dreaded phone call to the metro call center and finally made it to a human (If you can believe that) and they took care of it as far as the billing goes. But, they knew nothing of private stores policies, just the billing end of things. :)

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hmmmmm that's metro for you they are always pointing the finger but they all call themselves metro PCs

8. orlandoeduran

orlandoeduran Newbie

There is no way for a prepaid company to "prorate" a bill

9. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

I am an accounting professional and have been for 15 years. Prorating is exactly the correct accounting terminology for what they did on our bill. You are mistaken.

10. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

And BTW, my bill was $74.

11. orlandoeduran

orlandoeduran Newbie

If your bill is supposed to be a 100 and your paying 74, that's because they gave you a 26 dollar credit. ...your billing date is determined by the date you activate service, it's unique to you, it's not the standard near the first of the month like a normal postpaid account.

You received a credit....prorated is for post paid accounts

12. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

The 25 we paid is unearned revenue because the billing date was only a day away. If you want to call it a credit to make you feel better, go ahead. To the accountants, that is not what it is called.

13. orlandoeduran

orlandoeduran Newbie

You in the USA ?

14. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

Yes. Florida.