• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade my LG G6 to what?

powrus

Lurker
Jul 30, 2016
Thinking about upgrading my 2 1/2 yr old phone without spending a ton of money, what have you found to be a good alternative to my LG G6? I like the physical size of my current phone, but minor battery issues with this device cause me to think about changing. And surely, improvements have been made to the G6 in 2 1/2 years.

Verizon suggests several upgrades, but I would like to get a 'hands-on' real people recommendation.

what are you looking for? what price range? how do you plan to use the phone? are you a power user like me?
Not a power user here. No games. I use the phone for calls, texting, email, surfing, misc camera, and a handful of apps. I like the physical size (3" x 6" approx) or slightly larger and I would hope for a good battery. Cost probably $500 - $600. I'll have to buy a pair when the purchase is made. Current carrier Verizon.

Upvote 0
Not a power user here. No games. I use the phone for calls, texting, email, surfing, misc camera, and a handful of apps. I like the physical size (3" x 6" approx) or slightly larger and I would hope for a good battery. Cost probably $500 - $600. I'll have to buy a pair when the purchase is made. Current carrier Verizon.
well there are some holiday deals where you can get two phones at a much reduced price check them out:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/android/
some are monthly price reduction though.

i think the best thing to do really is to go down to your verizon dealer and play with the phones there and see which one you like and can afford.

here are some more ideas:
https://www.cnet.com/news/best-phones-under-500-2019-iphone-8-pixel-3-3a-xl-galaxy-a50-moto-g7/

Upvote 0
i think the best thing to do really is to go down to your verizon dealer and play with the phones there and see which one you like and can afford./
Good response. I'll definitely spend some time in the Verizon store. I was hoping there would be an obvious upgrade to my G6, something in the same price range.
A couple of years ago, I heard lots of talk regarding LG phones, but not so much now. Thanks.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones