• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade now or wait?

Scyin

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
I'm stuck with my iPhone 3gs currently and refuse to get the 4. My wifes upgrade is available now for me to use, where mine is up in October.

Should I go with the Captivate now or wait it out for a newer 2.2 based phone to release? My understanding was the 5 android phones were now all out for the year, so I'm not sure if waiting will matter.

At&t really only has 3 out so far, Backflip, Captivate, HTC Aria, nothing else is on the market yet, although the Dell Areo and Streak, should be released soon. The "5" was suppose to be by the end of 2Q, no telling if anything else will be released.

But, anything that is release will be updated to 2.2, so unless you are looking for certain features, no reason to wait.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones