• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade now or wait?

nalynch

Nov 6, 2011
I'm eligible for my upgrade, as I currently have the original incredible.

I don't want to spend more than $100. I'm looking at the original RAZR. Should I get the razr that is now $100 or wait till the RAZR HD comes out and get it for Christmas? Or should I just spring for the $200 RAZR maxx for the better battery life? I really want a new phone but I don't know if I can wait. Plus I want to renew my contract ASAP because I don't want to be on my family's any longer than I have to be.

Let me know what y'all think. Thanks in advance!

Radios do suck on the VZW GNex, it's not HORRIBLE, but definitely not as good as most newer phones. As far as modding and developer support though, GNex is the way to go.

Edit: as far as the OP, I'd hold out on upgrading. The next Nexus phone should be out be the end of the year, maybe Verizon will get it. IPhone 5, Razr Maxx HD, and some others by year's end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones