• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade Question with unlimited data

monsterenergy22

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
sosquad.net
So I am finally due for an upgrade but Im waiting for a good phone that I will want for 2 years. I am currently on an unlimited data plan and I understand that the only way for me to keep it is if I pay full price off contract for my next phone.

So being the tech nerd that I am, I want to try out an i device since I have 2 weeks to return it with Verizon.

So the 2 questions I have are the following.

1) I buy an iphone off contract, and return it during the 2 week period. Will I have unlimited data back on my phone once I return the iphone?

2) I buy an iphone on contract and return it during the 2 week period. Will I have unlimited data back on my phone once I return the iphone?

I basically want to keep my unlimited plan to my next android phone but want to make sure it carries over. Please no flaming, I just want to test the other side so I can have a stronger argument as to why I like android :smokingsomb:

So I am finally due for an upgrade but Im waiting for a good phone that I will want for 2 years. I am currently on an unlimited data plan and I understand that the only way for me to keep it is if I pay full price off contract for my next phone.

So being the tech nerd that I am, I want to try out an i device since I have 2 weeks to return it with Verizon.

1) I buy an iphone off contract, and return it during the 2 week period. Will I have unlimited data back on my phone once I return the iphone?

2) I buy an iphone on contract and return it during the 2 week period. Will I have unlimited data back on my phone once I return the iphone?

I basically want to keep my unlimited plan to my next android phone but want to make sure it carries over. Please no flaming, I just want to test the other side so I can have a stronger argument as to why I like android :smokingsomb:
If you follow option 1 you should be able to keep your unlimited data in theory, while if you do option 2 you will lose your unlimited data

Upvote 0

I recently bought 2 new phones for my kids, one if which was an iPhone. I was told the iPhone was not returnable within the 2 weeks whereas the other one was. They said it was an Apple policy and not Verizon's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones