1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Edge1978, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

I have a question, an upgrade (on another line of mine) isn't due to June, no matter how many times I've called, even came close to cancellation (through the cancellation) department and the closest I got was getting the phone as an early upgrade ($99 + 200) and I refuse to do so.

However my Mom has (her own AT&T account) upgrade due and she said I am more than welcome to use her upgrade to get the phone. How exactly would that work? She added me as an authorized user so I can go myself on Sunday (which can't get here any slower it seems) but how do I put the phone on my line? :thinking: I never did this before.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Is it the same account??

3. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

No, she has her own account. :(

4. That wont work then

5. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

To get the iPhone 4 I used one of the upgrades that my mom had on one of her corporate lines. So it can be done. All I had to do was tell their AT&T rep that I was using her upgrade but the phone would be activated on my account. As long as they lock someone into another 2 year contract AT&T doesn't care who uses the phone.

Edge1978 likes this.
  6. checkride

checkride Newbie

Have her buy the phone on her account and sign the contract. She takes the sim card out and puts it in her old phone. You put your sim in the Inspire.

7. Thats cool

8. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

Sounds great! Thanks. I just ordered my Micro-sim adapter and paid over night fees so it can be here by Saturday. I should be all set! NOW GET HERE SUNDAY!!!!!!!!! LOL

9. Only 3 days lol

10. coupequattro

coupequattro Newbie

But wont they require her to have the mandatory data plan ?

11. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

Luckily, she has an iPhone so she already has a Data Plan