• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help upgrade, syncing, and "too many contacts deletes"

ALP

Lurker
Feb 28, 2010
I upgraded last night to 2.1 and while I'm annoyed at the superficial loss of settings, what is really annoying me is the automatic sync to google. I don't need my phone to sync my contacts, in fact I'd prefer that it did not.

So, in Settings - Accounts & sync, I unchecked Auto-sync. But I am getting that annoying message in the notification bar all the time that says "Too many Contacts deletes"

Please please can someone help me get rid of this? It's a minor thing but is starting to get really obnoxious.

Thank you!!

I have same issue. I'll look into upgrading sync & settings you mention but I've been mystified about solving this error message. I've assumed that as long as it's there, syncing isn't being done & that's annoying.
I have a lot of contacts that I didn't put there. I'd like to stop that & be in charge of "My contact" as it does not feel like I am in charge now.
RAZR is my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones