1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Upgrade to 2.2 from rooted 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by durangojim, Aug 31, 2010.

1. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    I've done a couple searches but can't seem to get a straight answer. I have a rooted stock 2.1 on my Incredible. Works great and I've installed the wireless tether app. If I download the official upgrad.zip file and upgrade, will this work or brick my phone? I don't have clockwork or any other rom managers installed.
    Thanks and sorry for asking, but I couldn't get any good answers in my searches.

Advertisement

2. vico-c

vico-c Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    arizona
    I received the OTA and when I tried to install it on my rooted incredible the phone power cycled, then I seen a graphic; an exclamation point with a little green android guy. I pressed the power button again after a few minutes of it just sitting there with that graphic and the clockwork recovery mode popped up instantly as if it were in the recovery mode the whole time. I rebooted my phone through the clockwork reboot option and I still have 2.1 and I checked the system update and it tells me "my system is up to date". I don't know what happened or if I will get the update again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

3. sanderscm2

sanderscm2 Active Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Same thing for me, except I got an install failed message.

4. fdisker2000

fdisker2000 Member

May 6, 2010
    Washington
    I had the same problem, update came before I unrooted and I let it try to install. I believe it had a problem with a non-stock bootloader. I followed the unroot directions here: http://androidforums.com/incredible-all-things-root/99828-video-howto-unroot-incredible-downgrading.html
    Then I had to update the ROM following this:
    Then I updated to the New Froyo Zip.

5. vico-c

vico-c Active Member

Aug 9, 2010
    arizona
    Is this flashing a new Rom? Because I thought all this did was reflash the stock recovery. But I'm not too sure still kind of a noob so if we could get a noob break down that would be awesome and deserve a thanks!