• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade to ICS and POOR battery life

mjb765

Lurker
May 7, 2012
I have had my Vivid for a few months then I did the upgrade to ICS when it came out on AT&T. Since then the battery is dead in less than 12 hours. I thought it may be the phone and since you can't remove ICS, AT&T gave me a new phone which I again upgraded to ICS and it's the same poor battery life. Now on my third phone and the battery life is fine, except I am scared to do the ICS upgrade....anybody eles having these issues and is there a fix?

I have not noticed a difference either way since upgrading to ICS. The only time I have ever had really bad battery life is when I leave my free music app running. Apps like "Music Online" or other free music apps that prevent your phone from going to sleep will drain your battery if you don't delete or 'force quit' while not in use.

If that isn't the case, it's always the possible you may have unrealistic expectations for the battery life of an Android phone.

Upvote 0
I have not noticed a difference either way since upgrading to ICS. The only time I have ever had really bad battery life is when I leave my free music app running. Apps like "Music Online" or other free music apps that prevent your phone from going to sleep will drain your battery if you don't delete or 'force quit' while not in use.

If that isn't the case, it's always the possible you may have unrealistic expectations for the battery life of an Android phone.

I always check task mgr to be sure nothing is running. My only expectation is that it should last as long as it did before the upgrade. 10 hrs with very light use is not too much to ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones