• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrade to Jelly Bean with uninstalled stock-apps.

Eiki_2

Lurker
Nov 8, 2012
I will upgrade my stock ICS 4.0.3 to JB when that is released to my Samsung S2. But the problem is that I have removed a lot of bloatware on my phone like Game Hub, Music Hub but also the stock-clock (and more) with Titanium Backup. But will that cause a conflict with Jelly Bean when JB is being installed? The system is missing files and apps, and then JB is installed on top of that. Sounds like a setup for problems to me. Anybody tried JB with uninstalled stock-apps on their old ICS?

Why not accepting OTA-updates with rooted phone (I'm rooted)?
Flashing my phone seems too complicated and I don't want to lose what I already have on the phone.
I daily read about people that uninstall stock-apps on different forums but never I read about problems they have later so I think there will be no problem. But with using Windows since 3.11 I have learned the hard way what can happen when the system is missing files and then doing a upgrade or installing different programs.
favicon.ico

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones