1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Upgrade Up: Should I go for Galaxy Nexus or Wait? [Verizon]

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kreeker, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Kreeker

Kreeker Newbie

I have had my OG DINC since launch. The phone has been great, except for the small screen and shotty antenna (I can't confirm if it is actually a bad antenna because I do get full bars in some areas).

Anyway my upgrade has been up for a few months, and I just accepted a job offer so I think maybe I should splurge a little and get something nice. Do you think it's worth getting into a Nexus this late? Is there that much of a reason to get a Nexus if I root my phone? Is One X or something comparable coming to Verizon soon?

Thanks guys! :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Galaxy S3 is due for official announcement on May 3. Leaked benchmark tests show that it smokes any phone out there in graphics performance, even the iPhone 4s and the quad core One X. You may want to wait for it. Its already available for pre order in Euro countries, and it seems US carriers already have test units.

3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Android Expert

I don't know that I would count on Verizon getting the SIII. They might, but they didn't get the SII. I do believe that was in part to them getting the Nexus though. If you are big into rooting and running custom ROMs, the Nexus is a no-brainer. If you don't mind a touchwiz interface and all the stuff that comes with that, then I might wait for the SIII to see who gets it. But again, like I said, if you root and ROM, then the Nexus is a no-brainer.

4. Kreeker

Kreeker Newbie

If I root, shouldn't I concern myself more with specs + rom community support, rather than what the stock rom is?

I think I'm going to wait a month or so and see what Verizon is going to do. They seem to be lagging behind in terms of top of the line phones, so I'm assuming they try to get the s3 or one x. I don't really need a new phone, so I can wait with no issue.

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Well, HTC has apparently (temporarily?) locked down the AT&T One X, so who know's what the Incredible LTE/4G will bring if you're looking to ROM.
    AT&T's One X discovered to have 'restricted' bootloader, HTC responds -- Engadget
    The Nexus may lag in battery life, camera quality and perhaps speed, but it's nothing to scoff at now. If your Dinc is still going strong, I'd at least hold out a little longer.