1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jp4fun, Sep 29, 2011.

1. jp4fun

jp4fun Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    It's upgrade time. I currently have a Blackberry Curve. This has got to go. So, I've been trying to do some research. I would love to get the new Bionic but it's just not in the budget. I'm not a huge fan of Motorola anyway. Let me get to the point. I think the Inc 2 may be my next phone. Give me the dirt.

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    +1 for me. I have an Eris now, and I'm particularly interested in the radio reception issue. I live in an area with weak reception, and the Eris's radio is not that good, so would love to know if the Inc2 is better or the same from others who had an Eris once. It can't be worse - can it?

3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    I came from an Eris, and the signal "indicator" is right about where it was with my Eris (maybe a little lower at times). I have not had a single dropped call or garbled conversation with my DInc2, where i did on occasion with my Eris. I have never followed my dBm level closely so I can't tell you that.
    I have heard others that came from the Eris say the DInc2 is like a perfected Eris, and I agree. I love my DInc2.
    It does however have a weak external speaker and a weak vibrate like my Eris did. The battery life is better (on custom ROMs at least), No trackball to break, etc etc.
    Get it. If you aren't sold on it within you trial time, trade it out for something else. I bet you won't find anything better in an all around solid and tried and true tech way.
    Enjoy!

doogald likes this.
  4. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    I came from the Inc1. On paper the Inc2 seems to just be a minor refresh, but after using it for a few days, I realize the Inc2 is a worthy upgrade. It much faster and the battery life is monumentally better. The Inc2 will last me more than twice as long as the Inc 1 easily and with heavy use. Now that I've rooted my Inc2 and overclocked it, it's even better. Faster than the Droid 3, which is a dual core.

My only problem with it is the speakerphone is crappy.

5. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    Yea, I would have to say that the INC2 is the best phone on the market right now. I exclude the other carrier's phones because the other carriers are garbage. The 4G phones out now aren't that spectacular. Motorola had it with the RAZR and the OG Droid, but it's all the same with them now. Samsung always has put out a garbage phone, so they're out. That leaves you with LG and HTC. And let's be honest here; who wants to walk around with an LG in their pocket? Go INC2! You won't be disappointed. Well, unless the vibe, loudspeaker and battery life are deal breakers. We can't have it all!

6. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2011
    I've had the Inc2 since end of April and it has been very reliable and fun to use. The screen is excellent - bright and responsive. Regarding the battery life it can be extended effectively with Juice Defender and there's the optional larger battery. I haven't rooted my phone - performance is fine with the stock OS and there are many (often free) third party apps that extend the phone's capabilities such as swype. I recommend going to a Verizon store so you can test drive it. Highly recommended.

7. jp4fun

jp4fun Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    Thanks for all the input. Just picked up my Dink 2 on Friday evening. I'm loving it so far. My first battery charge only lasted about 6 hours. The second 12 with a lot more use. Looks like with a few settings changes I'll be in good shape. Thanks again.

8. ArmchairBear

ArmchairBear Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    If you're willing to root your phone, you can get even better battery life.

I am running cyangenmod 7 (gingerbread 2.3.5) and the Tiamat kernel, which undervolts the processor to lower battery consumption.

I am able to run the phone 24 hours on battery easily and this is on heavy use. This is good enough for me.

Many others have gone much longer, close to 2 days.