1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Upgrade???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stackboi_tank, Aug 8, 2012.

1. stackboi_tank

stackboi_tank Newbie

So what phone would be the best phone to upgrade to that has the new ICS?? NOT TOO EXPESIVE THOUGH!, one more thing, the thunderbolt better than the Incredible 2??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

"Better" is a matter of opinion of course. The new Inc 4G looks to be quite good if you're happy with a 4" screen. The Galaxy Nexus is less expensive and is more easily rooted if that's of interest. The Motorola RAZA Maxx has unbeatable battery life, but it's more expensive. The new Galaxy S3 looked quite good to me in the store, but some people say the screen is not as bright compared with other phones so I would check that out.

When the Thunderbolt first came out it had problems, so I would read the forums to see if it has been updated and the problems resolved.

These phones can often be had for quite a bit less if you buy from third parties, such as Amazon Wireless. Just be aware of the additional fees for early termination (and don't :) )

blackepoxy and stackboi_tank like this.
  3. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I upgraded to the Razr MAXX, and I am glad I did. The phone isn't perfect, but I like the larger screen, 4G, and the battery life.

4. stackboi_tank

stackboi_tank Newbie

Ok thanks guys, Ill Consider a few of those phones!

5. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert

I'm myself have been leaning towards the galaxy nexus, even though I am an hTC fanboy and have had two hTC android phones.

The galaxy nexus just makes sense to me right now, I have been wanting it since it came out and like the minimalistic design of it running stock android. Plus it will be able to update to the next version of android...jelly bean.before any other phone...

The dinc4G is impressive with the S4 processor and all but I think I will go with the galaxy nexus next week. For the price, but it sort of seems silly to me now to upgrade to an almost year old phone with no S4 processor that has known poor signal issues... Might go dinc4 g...LOL ;) no 4g in my area or on the water...so... Haha, if I get the dinc4G put a black case on it my wife would never know and, I know for a fact could not tell the difference from current my droid incredible 2...;D I find that funny.
    She hates smartphones they make her get nausea, like motion sickness when reading and looking at pictures when they scroll. I would get her one (dinc4G) too if she wanted, or give her my in perfect condition incredible 2.

Found these interesting...
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/07/05/5-reasons-to-buy-the-droid-incredible-4g-lte/

http://www.businessinsider.com/htc-droid-incredible-4g-lte-review-2012-7?op=1

6. victek

Yes, the Galaxy Nexus is older and slower. You can check in the GNex forum regarding performance. People said the VZW Nexus improved after the last update. I'm with VZW and I'd only opt for the Nexus if I decided to root it. The fact that it comes with an unlocked boot loader is the only significant advantage at this point IMHO, but hey, follow your bliss :)

7. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

I seriously still think the HTC Rezound is one of the best phones out there, and now officially with ICS... even though it has been out close to year, it is technically superior to most phones on the market except the newest ones. It is very hackable, the RIL has been cracked, and there are more than 30 ROMs out there including Cyanogenmod, AOSP/AOKP, MIUI, and tons of other custom ones. Plus it's radios are amazing and totally blow away the Nexus... my two cents worth.

8. victek

Yes, the specs sound quite good - comparable to the new Inc 4G. Verizon wants $200/upgrade, but it can be had for $100 through Amazon Wireless. I might consider it in a few months when I'm eligible.

9. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

I had the same thoughts about the Rez, so I bought one. I can't seem to get it working well though. I don't know if I got a lemon or what, but I have flashed a dozen roms with only one turning out functional. There is a lot of dev'in goin on over there, but it seems to be mostly sense roms with the same tweaks and some theming. AOKP does not appear fully functional, nor does CM. MIUI is only GSM I think.
    Even the Stock based roms seem to have issues.
    My experience may be tainted, but I'll be back on my DInc2 soon if this keeps up.

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews