1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Upgraded 4.4.2 to 6.0.1 and there are disappointments

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AppleUser, Jul 23, 2017.

1. AppleUser

AppleUser Android Enthusiast

For many months have postponed updating my S5 from 4.4.2 . 4.4.2. was just fine. The icons looked good, messages showing "sending" when they were sending, and the camera showed a green circle when focusing (meaning also the glass cover was clean).

Two days ago I tried the update, but it failed twice, so Kies was used with success. But there's nothing better about 6.0.1 . Here are just a few of the issues:

• The green circle of focus never appears. Pictures don't seem as sharp. (16M setting)

• Messages do NOT show when they are sending. They do show the sent time after sending. I like to see that they are sending. Is this a preference?

• Icons are not as attractive.

• Occasionally get "network failure" message, never seen before.

Would enjoy reading comments on 6.0.1 .

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AppleUser

No one has any thoughts or opinions?

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Maybe nobody reading this thread has a Galaxy S5 and can share experiences?

4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

My S5 updated to 6.0.1 when I purchased it, so I never used an older version on this particular phone. I do miss the green focus square you are talking about the my S3 and wife's S4 have. Other than that I haven't had any of the issues you mentioned. Everything works fine.

mikedt likes this.
  5. Slane252

Slane252 Lurker

I did notice after update that camera hasn't been as quick to focus or quite as clear as before. And I've had some other odd issues like a few system apps error out all the time now and never had before, as well as my battery life slowly at first seemed to be decreasing now a week later, Im carrying a charger everywhere I go!

6. AppleUser

Exactly. Thank you. Yesterday by mistake I made things a bit better by Developer Options ----> input ------> show touches (check it). Maybe that's why the text message "sending" now appears as a blue rotating circle and certain actions seem faster.

Camera hasn't changed.

Why do software developers often make stupid mistakes and make things worse?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews