• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgraded A52 to A53, data transferred, but not names/passwords

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
Two days ago I upgraded a Samsung A52 to A53. The data transferred over, but not names and passwords. What is wrong here? Looked In settings of the A52 and do not see where names/passwords are stored, nor what causes them to be transferred to the new A53.

Help! (please)

Using samsung's smart switch installed on both the A52 and A53 should give you the opportunity to transfer everything. I'm not certain what names and passwords you speak of. Are you talking contacts and browser saved passwords?

Passwords such as Skype, FitCloudPro, TikTok...... I went to Chrome ---> settings on both phones, and synch is on. I did use Smart Switch to transfer stuff two days ago.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I'm surprised With sync on you are not getting names and passwords in Chrome. Maybe wait a day? to see if the sync works?
The other problem is that on the A52 it wants me to update Google Play Services. I try, but it indicates it cannot do it. Very frustrating. When I want too "learn more" from the pop up screen, it links to a bad URL of google support.

Upvote 0
The other problem is that on the A52 it wants me to update Google Play Services. I try, but it indicates it cannot do it. Very frustrating. When I want too "learn more" from the pop up screen, it links to a bad URL of google support.

Is the A52 an Android Go device? From what I've read about it on AF, Android Go is a cut-down lite version of Android for lower-performance phones. And so apparently doesn't have all the features and functiions of full Android. This is what I've read, and have never seen or used an Android Go device myself.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Is the problem perhaps the transfer of the sim to the new phone?
I'm with AugieTN in that they should sync.

If you mean the SIM card, it is a new card.
Is the A52 an Android Go device? From what I've read about it on AF, Android Go is a cut-down lite version of Android for lower-performance phones. And so apparently doesn't have all the features and functiions of full Android. This is what I've read, and have never seen or used an Android Go device myself.

Not a GO device.

Upvote 0
None of Samsung's A-series phones are Go devices. Not even the most crappy budget model they make. They're all OneUI running on top of full Android, even on devices with only 2GB of RAM. At best they cut some specific Samsung gimmicks out to make up for the lesser hardware/price, but hey, it's one way to get rid of Bixby--she don't exist on A-series. At this point in time, I don't think Samsung makes an Android Go device.

The only Go stuff are very garbage-tier phones like the AT&T "Calypso" or the Alcatel "Onetouch POP"

For the record, the A52/A53 are upper-mid-tier, aka, AMOLED displays, decent cameras, 90/120Hz refresh rates, and expandable storage and a headphone jack. They're one step or two below a flagship.

A-series designation is confusing to most, and is a mess of various redundant models but the basis for the model number is:

AXY where X is the tier (beginning at 0 for lowest, higher # for better) and Y is the generation. Aka, the Samsung A52 is the middle tier, second generation. The highest end A-series is in the A7x range.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones