• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgraded, can't find build tab. Project won't build.

I'm very new to Android Studio, but have been using programming IDE's for decades. I just upgraded to Android Studio 3.5.2. I don't know if this is the reason or something else is the reason, but I can't figure out how to show the build tab. It's NOT under View / Tool Windows:

upload_2019-11-14_10-0-52.png

To be clear, I would like to be able to see the window that shows the spinning circles and the progress of the build. I see examples on websites like below (even though they all seem to have a dark theme). Here is a dark example of the window I'm trying to find, I *believe*. Note as well the "Build" button at the bottom. I do NOT have that. I have "Termainl" and "TODO" on the left, and "Event Log" on the right, but no "Build".

upload_2019-11-14_10-5-21.png

Of course, the REASON I want to see this at the moment is that it seems my project won't build. It was trying to build before the version upgrade, and I could see the build tab and spinning icons. I could see messages on the right side (I can't find a Messages windows now, either). But after the upgrade, when I click on Build / Rebuild Project, I can't see anything at all happening.

upload_2019-11-14_10-8-21.png

upload_2019-11-14_10-9-39.png

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones