• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgraded Firmware, Reinstalled Tasker, now Profiles not working

Hi everyone. I have only had my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 a couple of months but I am loving it. However, the other day I decided to try Kies and once installed it told me there was new firmware for my machine available.

Well, before the update I was rooted and had Titanium Backup, and Secure Settings, and some other plugins that work with Tasker.

I didn't know that the new firmware had a locked bootloader and that I would not be able to root again. Well, so much for that, at the moment nothing I can do about it.

So I now have the new firmware and all of the apps that don't require root have been installed fresh, including Tasker.

I have recreated some simple profiles in which the trigger is Bluetooth Connected. I have tried with both specifying the name of the car's Bluetooth and not specifying it. No matter what I do I can't get the profile to trigger. I have tried restarting the phone, turning off the car radio and back on, etc. These are profiles that worked perfectly before I rebuilt the phone. I just don't know what to look it.

Can someone help me understand what to look at or what to do to get these basic processes working again?

Thanks ........... Rob

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones