1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Upgraded from rooted .5 to rooted .9 ...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by weinster666, Jan 4, 2012.

1. weinster666

weinster666 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Was I supposed to expect to lose all my apps and data? Nothing really that important, but id like to get it back. I cant remember what music, apps, movies, etc were on my phone.

I did do a backup as part of the procedure (as recommended). Can I just do a restore of my data and apps and end up with .9 and all my previous stuff?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I didnt find it.

Thanks in advance for the help,

w666

UPDATE: As I had never done it before, I decided to restore back to .5 using clockwork recovery and the backup I made prior to installing .9. The restore worked fine and I am back to .5....of course, that means Verizon will keep bombing me with OTA update attempts which will fail.

So, I guess the question is - "IS there a way to upgrade from .5 to .9 without losing all me apps?"

Advertisement

2. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Female
    my job
    AZ
    Download titanium backup. It's for rooted phones and will backup all your apps and data with them so you shouldn't lose game progress (if that's an issue).

3. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    This is what I do before changing roms and it works great every time. I use the paid version because it automatically installs the apps. The free version requires you to manually click install for every app.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when switching between roms its generally recommended to restore app and app data only. Restoring system data can cause problems depending on the rom.

4. weinster666

weinster666 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Sounds awesome. Thanks for the help everyone.