• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help upgraded to 2.1 now cant stream anything?

Are you having the problem while using 3g or wifi? My guess is there was either something very slightly wrong with the flash or with the initial start up after the flash. You could try a hard boot (menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset), this will completely wipe the phone clean. If that doesn't work, try flashing it again. The problem is not indicative of 2.1, which the vast majority of Moments have been running for months. Good luck!

Upvote 0
As for streaming applications like Pandora and TuneWiki you'll have to disable Multimedia gateway (new feature in 2.1 rom) .It works fine after that:

phone > Dialer > ##3282# > Multimedia > Enter "MSL" > You will see RTST Proxy, HTTPPD Proxy > modify every list > set Address with "0.0.0.0", port with '0'.
I found this on this forum but i'm not sure its specific to my issue but i will try and post back afterwards.

Upvote 0
I'm going to do the reset and if that doesn't work i'm going to re-flash with 2.1 again so that is going to be a "last resort" believe me!

So i did a factory reset on it last night and still no streaming... I've noticed is not specific to an application now. I have NHL Gamecenter installed and I can't get Radio or Video from that either so it is definitely the phone or the OS. I'll re-flash with 2.1 again tonight and again report back. I hope I can get this resolved so I dont need to get another phone! :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones