• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgraded to the razr

Had the phone for 3 days, love it. Had a rooted (and daily flashed) fascinate and am itching to root this phone,,,,need to do some research as I do not have Odin to fall back on if things go south!

There is no Odin, of course. There is RSDLite instead, though. There are fastboot files, which means you can recover from soft brick.

I have rooted mine 4 times after various updates/ downgrades and have never had any problems. One of the easiest procedures ever.

Reactions: HTTR
Upvote 0
There is no Odin, of course. There is RSDLite instead, though. There are fastboot files, which means you can recover from soft brick.

I have rooted mine 4 times after various updates/ downgrades and have never had any problems. One of the easiest procedures ever.

Thanks, I am doing some searching in the forums now to see what folks are running, root process. Mine is running so smooth stock (2800-2900 quads) I almost hate to mess with it. I have the bloat stuff hidden in the app drawer with Go Launcher...still hate the ads though/

Upvote 0
Thanks, I am doing some searching in the forums now to see what folks are running, root process. Mine is running so smooth stock (2800-2900 quads) I almost hate to mess with it. I have the bloat stuff hidden in the app drawer with Go Launcher...still hate the ads though/

Root>Adfree and bloat frozen with TiB. Hiding it in app drawer does nothing.

Upvote 0
What ads from what application ? I'm not getting ads; and I hope i don't in the near future :(

Upvote 0
I wanna work with ics sooo bad so by the time that rolls out, we will probably have enough fail safes for rom development and il be sure to be part of that but right now im just doing soft mods to the razr and firmware development in my older community im from.

Sounds cool. Im just hoping for some roms on this phone. As I've stated before, I may get a gnex at some point to satisfy my rom flashing addiction. ;)

Upvote 0
HI All,
Sorry if this message doesn't belong here - didn't want to creat a new thread! Anyhooo; I'm due an upgrade and really want the Razr but can't see it on the phone list (admittingly online) that I have the Razr as an options to change too, thus my question is "can I upgrate to Razr with the 3-network"?

Thanks in advanced!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones