1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

upgraded to the Samsung admire from ascend.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tvis, Sep 15, 2011.

1. tvis

tvis Newbie

this is just a post for the lurkers (like me) who are tired of the ascend being SLLLLLOOOOOWWWW.
    i was running the latest build of CM7 and with everything turned off and hardly any apps installed i was still getting mad at it. so finally today i went and spent the money and got the admire. and right out of the box i can tell you its so much better then the ascend, screens brighter the UI flows more smoothly and the apps run better. so if you wondering "is it worth it?" yes... yes it is, and with it rooted and on the 3022.prl you wont even look back at that slow turd called the ascend. :D

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert

Not true. I still use my ascend a lot.
    It really depends on the phone with the ascend, mine happened to be a perfect ascend. Ran at 748 on cm7 with barely any lag.
    I will say though, the admire is much better, but not really $100 worth of improvement in my opinion.

3. tripdoc79

tripdoc79 Android Enthusiast

saving my money for the LG Esteem.. lol

4. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Android Enthusiast

^^ LoL ^^ -- my boyfriend first had H-Ascend (unrooted), after few months it got really slooow so he went and got the HA-Tapout, little better but with time also got real lagged and frustratingly slow. He just got the Admire and is very happy with it. Would love to root it for him someday when time permits.

@Tokenpoke, I'm almost sure if I had been able to root and install a Rom on the Tapout, it probably would have helped alot and they are good looking phones.

5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

we had the TOE rom for the ascend but it was a POS and also gave uim error...but the admire is way better than the ascend hands down but i still use my ascend to flash stuff and come up with new things for it, but if you get your hands on a Evo 3D you will never go back, lmao...

DaniellieeE likes this.
  6. DaniellieeE

DaniellieeE Android Enthusiast

Question for the above posters that have 2 phones. Do you still have service on these phones in addition to your (newer) current phone? Asking because I may be getting the Admire, but would love to keep my Opt M to practice/flash on. Would the 2nd phone need to have service on it also to flash ROMs? (Hoping I worded that right n my question makes sense) TIA :)

7. MikeySuddy

MikeySuddy Lurker

internal memory for my admire is all gone how do I clear it

8. ATRAIN904

ATRAIN904 Member

after you root the admire download link2SD and move apps/games to your sd card then using Titanium Backup remove bloatware that you dont use or need and you'll get almost 100mb internal free depending how many system apps / widgets you have running ..

9. yahhboy

yahhboy Android Expert

Nope it becomes something like from an iPhone to an iPod touch, you can still mess with but it'll be wifi only :)

10. Gmash

Gmash Extreme Android User

You can still flash ROMs without having service, though.