• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Upgrading Defy from Froyo to Gingerbread

Hi

Does somebody here updated the Defy from Froyo to Gingerbread?

Had some trouble? Is happy?

I had problems with memory in Froyo, Android let to kill the aplications when the memory is very low, and this let my phone slow, I downloaded Auto Memory Manager, this changed the values when Android kill the apps and my phone is ok, a friend told me that Auto Memory Manager doesn't work on Gingerbread, somebody knows something about it?

First find out if your camera is green lens or red lens. The green (earlier model) is the SOC module, later (red) is Bayer module. I say this because some of these gingerbread roms are for red lens, so with green lens camera may not work. But I think there are similar custom roms now for green lens that may or may not involve a patch (greenbread mod).

Start here: xda devs wiki page

Reactions: jonathanrz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones