1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Upgrading from DroidX to Droid Rasor Maxx

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lkgmadmax, Apr 25, 2012.

1. lkgmadmax

lkgmadmax Lurker

I got a wild hair to upgrade to the Droid Razor Maxx this morning, now bare in mind my contract does not until 06/19/12. I went on-line with Verizon and they said I was elegiable for a discount, the price of the phone was 249.00 + 30.00 for an early upgrade fee.

I decided to drive to a local Vrz store to see if I could pick one up there today, they wanted to charge me 299.00 + 30.00 upgrade fee and then tried to add another 30.00 fee. I quickly told them that was a deal breaker and to have a good day, came home placed the order on-line and saved 80.00. These Vrz stores are trained rip off artist.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert

Could have saved even more going through Amazon. It's $199 right now...

3. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Android Enthusiast

When i went in they tried to sell me like 3 diffrent tablets and what not haha.

4. MrsNorris151

MrsNorris151 Lurker

don't tell me that! i just bought it off of amazon last week for 229.00:(

5. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

Its $199 if its a new line and $229 with an upgrade.

6. lkgmadmax

lkgmadmax Lurker

I checked out Amazon, for a brand new customer it would be 199.00, for an existing customer entitled to an upgrade it would be 229.00. So it cost me +20.00 ordering direct from Vrz, I'm OK with that.

Sharondippity likes this.
  7. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

I got mine before the new fee too affect.

But either way. I came from a DX to the MAXX. So far I love it. But honestly I don't see all that much performace upgrade.

And by that I mean process performance. Battery - hell yes and a half.

But screen change, processing Weather bug or stuff like that. Its fairly minimal. Now swapping apps is much faster - as I would expect it to be. But I never bought the device for power computing. Oddly - it can do that too though.

8. sciullo779

sciullo779 Newbie

i had mostly the same experience, but my droid x was sluggish, and it didnt even have that many apps, and dont get me started on keyboard force closes.

on my x my battery lasted a whopping 8-14 hours and 8/10 times at the end of the day it was at 5% life from just texting and basic stuff. i can easily get 3 days of battery with my maxx, and at the end of the third day i have 25% left, sometimes 15-20%

9. Just ordered mine off Amazon last night. I'm excited to get it Friday since my DX is on its last legs (too many beer spills over the last few months have finally did it in). Can't wait to get home Friday and have my Maxx sitting on the table waiting for me.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews