• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading lines and keeping unlimited...

Sharrock03

Lurker
Sep 16, 2011
Here's my situation:

I have two lines on my account, a smartphone on my primary line, and a dumbphone on another. The dumbphone is due for an upgrade in November. I plan on upgrading to the Galaxy Note 2 with my dumbphone line and swapping it to my main number. However the bumpkin Verizon lady said that the dumbphone line would still be forced onto share everything. She never mentioned anything about tiered data for the dumbphone. Is this lady full of crap or did Verizon yet again find another way to screw customers?

I like this and never considered that route to further reduce the cost of an upgrade. So I'm on some promo plan for family unlimited and I don't want my wife's line to lose unlimited. I can add a 3rd line, swap that phone over to her line, and just need to find an old dumbphone. So I want to get her the new iphone: $199 contract price plus the $10/month I pay on the dumbphone line for the next 24 months is an additional $240 = $440 for a $650 iphone without having to lose unlimited. Works for me. Any forseen difficulties executing this plan? In order to activate the iphone 5 on her line, I'll likely need issued a new nano-SIM. Is Verizon going to stonewall me on that, or charge me a fee?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones