1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Upgrading memory card // Music issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by freefall, Jun 1, 2011.

1. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    Hi all,

I'm going to upgrade my memory card. I was thinking of simply copying and pasting the files from my current card onto my new card.

But - the reason I'm upgrading my card is because of my music files. Now, I have a lot of music on my laptop all nicely in order and with album art in the files. But, sometimes on my desire I have album art from old tracks which are no longer on my desire. It's really frustrating when flicking through tracks and the art doesn't match the song.

I'm wondering if I add all the music files later? But, then there could be files on my memory card, or even the Desire itself which randomly add the wrong album art.

I think it sould be easy to upgrade my memory card but I'm not sure about the album art issues. Can anyone advise what might be best to do / try? My album art is embedded into the mp3's themselves.

Advertisement

2. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    If all your albumart is embedded into MP3's, but you still get the occasional wrong picture, there's nothing much you can do except use a different player. I think this is probably a bug with the stock media player itself.

Assuming you're not rooted and using some wierd'n'whacky partitioning scheme on your SD, then yes, just copy everything off the old card onto the new card (make sure you include hidden files / folders: starting with '.'). Personally, I would take the card out and use a card reader.

Maybe don't copy your 'Music' folder, or whatever you've called it, put the card back in, turn on and got to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All and clear the Data on 'Music' and 'Music Widget'. This should hopefully clear any wrong images that are cached. Then copy all your music on and see what happens.

Tags: