1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Upgrading my Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geoffsweb, Jul 26, 2010.

1. geoffsweb

geoffsweb Active Member

Nov 16, 2009
    My wife's phone (on my family plan) is due for an upgrade. She just has a normal LG phone, not a smart phone. I was thinking of getting her a Droid, but figured might as well wait and get her a Droid X. Any ideas when Verizon will do a Buy One Get One Free on the Droid X so that I can upgrade my Droid at the same time for free?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    It will probably be a while. Expecially since they can't keep up with the demand for Droid X or even the INcredible.

Is your line also eligible for an upgrade? I believe both lines have to be in order to get the Buy one get one free

3. geoffsweb

geoffsweb Active Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Uuuugghhhh, no it's not. I wasn't aware that mine had to be too. There goes that idea! That's a rip..

Her birthday isn't until the end of October, so I wasn't looking for it right now.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Yeah it's only BOGO with a new 2-year contract, and if you're not due yet... oh well, there's always the "superphone" coming :rolleyes:

5. geoffsweb

geoffsweb Active Member

Nov 16, 2009
    I guess when the time comes I'll still call Verizon and hope I get a sweet lady in customer service that can work some magic for me! At the worst, I upgrade her to the Droid X and then switch phones with her. I'll put the Droid in the Droid X box and she'll never know!

6. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Happy birthday here's my old phone! I took your new one. Lol.