1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root upgrading radio to 2.05.00.06.11

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by i3igi3yrd, Jul 29, 2010.

1. i3igi3yrd

i3igi3yrd Member

May 1, 2010
    Whenever I load the update.zip onto my SD card and try to go into recovery on my unrooted incredible, I just get a picture of a phone with an exclamation point. I've reread the instructions, but don't feel like I missed anything. Am I just overlooking something?

Advertisement

2. i3igi3yrd

i3igi3yrd Member

May 1, 2010
    ...nix that... I AM blind.

3. Tobi-Saru

Tobi-Saru New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    er, care to explain what you missed? because i'm having the same issue and NOT seeing a clear answer lol

4. nceagles

nceagles Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Probably forgot to put it in debugging mode. Mine would not work until I did that.

Tobi-Saru likes this.
  5. BillytheKid

BillytheKid Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    u have to hit up+power when u have the phone with the ex. point

6. Tobi-Saru

Tobi-Saru New Member

Aug 3, 2010
    awesome, fixed my prob lol, the tutorial i used was terrible i guess, and mentioned nothing about this

7. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Yeah I was having the same issue and finally realized that I was in the stock recovery menu and it had been so long since I had used it to do the first stock update that I forgot that little bit. I had been doing the root version so much lately that the old way was completely lost in my head.

8. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Paramedic
    Prairieville Louisiana
    I get to the apply Update.zip and it starts running then says abort unable to find file on sd card. I then reboot and it has done nothing. still the old radio. The file is there on my card.

9. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    Did you rename it to update.zip? If so, take the ".zip" off because the phone may be seeing the file as "update.zip.zip"

smurfe likes this.
  10. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    i bricked my 1st DINC while doing this. i really want to do it again, so, i want to confirm something.

after i went back to stock version. i loaded the leak OTA (radio one) into the SD card and than go into recovery. when a red icon showed up, i press vol down + power to go into the recovery menu right? after the update is done. i hit power to boot and a green cycle icon will show up.

my question is, how long will that green cycle icon will be there?

11. smurfe

smurfe Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Paramedic
    Prairieville Louisiana
    Yeah that was my problem. I figured it out like 5 minutes later. Thanks for the help!