1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

upgrading through another site instead of verizon??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmar29, Nov 22, 2009.

1. bmar29

bmar29 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Im on a family share plan and im up for an upgrade soon. I want to upgrade to the droid and noticed you can get it for way cheaper on sites like dell and best buy. I guess they have programs for upgrading but im on a family share plan which makes things more confusing. Can i only upgrade one of my phones and keep the same number while still go through one of these stores??

Advertisement

2. galt

galt Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Family plan does make things more complicated, since you need a new contract to get the best price. I would start with Verizon (not an agent) and see what they can do for you. My phone cost me $50 net after rebate, since I had a new every two bonus along with everything else. Ignore the ads and see what they can do for YOU.

3. superglen99

superglen99 Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I am on a family share plan and had an EARLY updgrade. I pre odered my Droid at best buy only to find out they dont do early upgrades so I had to go to verizon and pay the full $299.

4. bmar29

bmar29 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    according to their site they DO upgrades....haha idk

5. Guido Ravioli

Guido Ravioli Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Why dont you stop being cheap asses and go to a vzw store where the employees are commissioned and therefore motivated to do things CORRECTLY. Rather than dealing with some schmuck at best buy who gets paid $9 an hour and could give a shit less about your account, or your name, or whether youre bleeding to death on the sales floor. Or you can do it online and completely monkey-up your plan altogether. Either way im sure youll end up at the corporate store eventually crying about how your account is a mess.

6. bmar29

bmar29 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    says the guy insulting people in an online forum