• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading To Bionic Woes (Verizon)

Telsiph

Lurker
Sep 19, 2011
Greetings all,

Hoping someone has some more information here as it seems I'm getting stopped at every turn. I originally was trying to upgrade from my original DROID to the DROID BIONIC on verizon. I have a $30 new every 2 discount, was going to sign a 2 year contract, and thought I would be able to trade in my old phone for a $100 discount. AS many know, this is incorrect, as you have to be on a basic phone. I would lose my unlimited plan doing this, so it is not an option. This would cause the price of the phone to be $260

Then I thought I would be able to order through amazon, going through the upgrade option I thought it was going to be $250 then a $50 amazon gift card. This is apparently also a mistake, as this is only offered to new lines and not to upgrading lines, making the price of the phone $250 through them plus having to sign 2 contracts.

So now I'm stuck, I'm curious if anyone is aware of any better deals available out there for someone looking to upgrade to the bionic. My poor droid is struggling hard and is falling apart, and I I really wanted to be on the 4G while keeping my unlimited plan. Any hints, or details would be much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones