1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Upgrading to Desire HD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EmperorKabir, Nov 5, 2010.

1. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    I posted this in the Desire forum and was told to ask in here:

This is more of a question to you guys.

I sent my (unbranded) Desire in for repair. Now half of the time the repair folks can't be assed to repair and end up just sending back a brand new replacement handset. At that point, I am thinking about selling it as an unbranded new handset, (less about 10 months of warranty remaining), and then buying a sim free DHD from Expansys or Dabs. I know the battery life is shocking beyond belief, and currently I use an extended battery for the Desire, but this is not an option for the DHD due to the fitting. So overall I will probably pay a further 1-150 quid extra after the Desire sale, and then maybe spend another 20-40 quid on a portable charger. I carry a manbag around (coz I'm so cool) so would probably just dump it in that.

In my situation, if you had the extra 150-200 to spend (which I don't really but hey, I'm stupid), would you do the same?

Advertisement

2. theoneana

theoneana Lurker

Nov 3, 2010
    London
    A man bag, I like your style ;)

This post is not going to help you much I'm afraid as the DHD is my first android but I think it's awesome. The battery life doesn't affect me as I'm coming from a blackberry and I see no difference. I'm used to carrying a spare battery with me.

Anyway, have a look at his thread where some clever people are posting their settings and how they affect the battery life: http://androidforums.com/htc-desire-hd/206710-desire-hd-battery-thread.html

3. naths

naths Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Go for it... did..had the desire,great phone,sold it for

4. karnka

karnka Android Expert

Feb 15, 2010
    Newcastle, England
    Fantastic :) I too want a man-bag but the wife is sceptical!

5. jboze

jboze Lurker

Nov 5, 2010
    You could just carry a 2nd battery if you're that worried about the battery life.

6. EmperorKabir

May 2, 2010
    lol i laugh when i hear my mum discuss with her friends: where to blokes keep all their stuff?

and i just laugh with them. I mean without a man bag, where do I put my wallet, card wallet, phone, oyster card, random pens, bits of rubbish, tissues, random other stuff? They aren't stretching my jeans pockets; that's for sure!

also yes, the battery life is a big issue for me as I say no to compromise. Most htc battery advice is 'turn everything on your super expensive smart phone off so it's basically just an ancient Nokia phone again but with a colour screen'. No thanks, short of GPS which I will only turn on for sat nav, I want my emails, facebook, and everything syncing, with proper brightness, the ability to play a game for 5 mins without worriyng if my phone will die in that time etc etc etc.

Let's hope they actually send me a new handset and not just repair it lol!

7. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Android Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2010
    IT 'Anal'yst
    Leeds
    nowt wrong with man bags!!!!!....its the age of the metrosexual anyways, and its handy to have all your gadgets close by, like man-scara :)

8. EmperorKabir

May 2, 2010
    ok i don't go that far.