1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Upgrading to HBOOT 0.92 and 2.15 Radio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SirensOfTitan, Sep 23, 2010.

1. SirensOfTitan

SirensOfTitan Active Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Forgive me, the last time I upgraded my radio was when 2.05 was released (1.0 -> 2.05), so I'm not sure if risks are the same given that we now have S-OFF.

Previously (when I upgraded) there were bricks that would occur if the same radio was flashed twice. I cannot remember whether the method of radio upgrading was done via HBOOT or Recovery. If the risk is still there, can I upgrade from 2.05 to 2.15, or should I downgrade to 1.0 then upgrade?

As far as HBOOT goes, I have never upgraded my HBOOT, I'm either running on 0.77 or 0.79, but I want to play around with some of the newer roms. Regardless, is HBOOT 0.92 an official release, or is it a user contributed release?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Advertisement

2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    The only radio I've heard of bricking a phone when flashing over itself was 2.05. Upgrading directly from 2.05 to 2.15 should not cause any problems.

I believe .92 is the Official release HBOOT that installed with the 2.2 official OTA (if I'm wrong here, someone correct me). I did have an issue with loading up the .92 HBOOT that you can save yourself from by doing a nandroid backup before you install it and then doing a nandroid advanced restore of the boot image afterward. Otherwise your phone may want to boot into HBOOT only.

3. jdposhkus

jdposhkus Active Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I had troubles getting HBOOT .92 to install as well.
    It took several attempts.

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Camden, AR, USA
    If you install HBOOT .92 it is recommended that you do a nandroid backup first, then install the bootloader, then do a nandroid restore.