• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upgrading to the TB

Do you think Verizon will honor an upgrade a month early for the Thunderbolt? I'm not trying to pay 750 for it... I'm just worried because they weren't allowing early upgrades to the iphone 4. What do you think?

I've seen other people upgraded their phones a month earlier. Just call the VRZ rep and talk to them.

Reactions: jaydroid88
Upvote 0
Do you think Verizon will honor an upgrade a month early for the Thunderbolt? I'm not trying to pay 750 for it... I'm just worried because they weren't allowing early upgrades to the iphone 4. What do you think?

Yes I believe they will, it is up to you thought to make it happen. I would suggest calling customer care instead of going into a store though. You might have to call a few times but I am positive you can find someone to do it. I have gotten them to honor a NE2 that was 15 months away. Granted that scenario is very unlikely, manager must have been getting fired or something.

Verizon has been great with giving me early upgrades, I am sure you can get one for yourself.

Good Luck!!!

Upvote 0
What "upgrade" date are you talking about? The NE2 upgrade date? The annual upgrade date? The end of 2 yr contract upgrade date?

-Frank

Upvote 0
I think Crapple plays by their own set of rules. It seems like for the most part, if you're that close they'll help you out. I've always had really, really good luck with email CS. Just recently, I changed my phone number and my last annual upgrade disappeared. Three phone calls into CS later, and finally someone was able to reapply my upgrade, but said I could only order over the phone. Email CS was able to reapply the upgrade to my account so that I can order online, in-store, over the phone, whatever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones