1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Upgrading VS rooting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roc045, Feb 22, 2012.

1. roc045

roc045 Member

Feb 22, 2012
    I bought the Gtablet for my son, I thought he could find more apps then on the Ipad. Unfortunatley 75% of the app games he loads won't work. According to viewsonic they are not compatable with tablets. They suggested to reroot the tablet so I can go to any android market and download compatiable tablet apps. Of course I have to send my tablet to them and a check for a $95.00 in order for them to root it professionaly. According to your article on this forum, I shouldn't reroot this tablet, is there a way to upgrade to HC iand download apps from any android market that are compatiable with the Gtablet. If so where I can I find this information. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

2. manesag

manesag Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You should look at vegan tab it runs very nice and all the apps run. Then when ics comes out flash that

3. AtlanticPirate

AtlanticPirate New Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I never rooted anything until I got my GTablet last year. After being scared by the tech talk that went way over my head on most forums, I did a search on viewsonic for dummies. There are a couple of websites that will talk you through the process in a very easy to follow manner. I tried CM7 as my first rooted rom, and I'm now running GTabComb3.3 with the Ice Cream Sandwich app market. I suggest you give it a try...if I can do it, anyone can do it! I don't think I can mention websites here, but if you want a couple of recommendations, let me know. Good luck!