• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Upload pictures to PC??

JustinK

Lurker
Sep 7, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm trying to upload photos i've taken on my Vibrant to my PC. I connect the USB wire, but I can't figure out how to get the pictures onto the computer.

Can someone please explain how to get them from my phone to the PC? I've got some really nice pictures taken that I want to get uploaded.

Thanks

Another option would be to share the pics to Picasa, which you can then retrieve from the web.

I'm going to have to try this. The other option mentioned above ^ would not work.

I tried 3 different laptops, and neither one picks it up. I went in to "My computer" and it doesn't even show that there's anything plugged into the USB port....

Any other things I could be doing wrong? Settings that need to be changed inorder for it to pick up there's something plugged in??

Upvote 0
I'm going to have to try this. The other option mentioned above ^ would not work.

I tried 3 different laptops, and neither one picks it up. I went in to "My computer" and it doesn't even show that there's anything plugged into the USB port....

Any other things I could be doing wrong? Settings that need to be changed inorder for it to pick up there's something plugged in??

So the PC's don't recognize the phone being plugged into it, but did the phone recognize being plugged into the PC?

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

I'm trying to upload photos i've taken on my Vibrant to my PC. I connect the USB wire, but I can't figure out how to get the pictures onto the computer.

Can someone please explain how to get them from my phone to the PC? I've got some really nice pictures taken that I want to get uploaded.

Thanks

Answer you seek is about half way in this video.......
YouTube - Using your Nexus One

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Thanks

Just load the drivers at the link that TMoVibrant posted and you will be fine.

Upvote 0
i use itookthisonmyphone it sends every pic i take to an online album of my choice and never have any problems with it. I love that it sends them to facebook too! I send them to a private folder then move my share worthy pics to a less restricted folder its much easier for me than to have to plug in and download upload all the time, also I get full picture sizes not compressed or anything.

Upvote 0
i use itookthisonmyphone it sends every pic i take to an online album of my choice and never have any problems with it. I love that it sends them to facebook too! I send them to a private folder then move my share worthy pics to a less restricted folder its much easier for me than to have to plug in and download upload all the time, also I get full picture sizes not compressed or anything.

Do you have the option of selecting which photos you want to upload or does it send them as you shoot them? I don't think I'd want every shot uploaded.

Upvote 0
Do you have the option of selecting which photos you want to upload or does it send them as you shoot them? I don't think I'd want every shot uploaded.

yes.
you have the option of sending everything or just on command. if you choose everything they go to a queue that you can remove them from as well.

I thought the same this at first, but I upload everything to a private folder and chose delete from device after each pic, then I can sort and clean up later helped me save room on my sd card, i take about a million baby and toddler pics a day lol plus my prev phone you could only delete pics one at a time so it saved time there as well.

Upvote 0
yes.
you have the option of sending everything or just on command. if you choose everything they go to a queue that you can remove them from as well.

I thought the same this at first, but I upload everything to a private folder and chose delete from device after each pic, then I can sort and clean up later helped me save room on my sd card, i take about a million baby and toddler pics a day lol plus my prev phone you could only delete pics one at a time so it saved time there as well.

Sounds like a very nice app then. Good thing we have "unlimited" data! At about 3 or 4MB a photo and with a million pics a day you would be in real trouble with Tmobile otherwise!

Reactions: burn-n-daylight
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones