• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

uploading photos to facebook problem (portrait viewing as landscape)

so it looks like it's not only facebook... it's the picture itself... if i take a vertical picture it saves as landscape.

it's tthe actual file not a facebook app issue. is this just because of the crappy camera? and i can't believe i haven't found any topics in this forum or others with related issues.

thanks

Upvote 0
so if you mount the drive... and rotate the pictures on your computer they will upload in the correct format to mms and facebook

looks like this will be a problem until the dec.11 update?

so note to everybody:
if you plan on uploading a quick picture to facebook or sending a quick picture mms, take the picture in landscape (i just mean physically taking the picture with the phone sideways and not vertical... you can leave the "scene mode" at auto)

Upvote 0
so it looks like it's not only facebook... it's the picture itself... if i take a vertical picture it saves as landscape.

it's tthe actual file not a facebook app issue. is this just because of the crappy camera? and i can't believe i haven't found any topics in this forum or others with related issues.

thanks

My pictures are in correct position when I upload, its after it gets uploaded it turns it 180

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones