1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Uploading Video Files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by qpqpzmzm, Aug 19, 2012.

1. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Newbie

Greetings.

Brand new to the Samsung Galaxy SIII and so far loving it.

I own a bunch of old movies I burned from my DVD collection in the past and I had uploaded to my laptop and I am trying to transfer some to my phone. I am able to just drag and drop and have it auto convert from my computers video files to my phones video file but it literally takes about 4-7 hours for one normal length movie to transfer across.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

BTW my movies seem to be in the following formats, if I am reading them right.

mp4
    FVF
    AVI

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

How big are the files? How are you transferring them? What location on the phone are you putting them?

3. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Don't convert them. Just copy them across without the convert option. If the stock video player doesn't manage to play them in their original form, just install a 3rd party media player from google play store.

mx player:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

or Dice Player:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inisoft.mediaplayer.a&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5pbmlzb2Z0Lm1lZGlhcGxheWVyLmEiXQ..

either should do.

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Oh didnt see the conversion part.

5. qpqpzmzm

qpqpzmzm Newbie

Awesome thx.

Choosing to not convert seemed to be all I needed.

This thread can be closed with a satisfied customer. :eek:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews