• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Urgent! Cant use sim card on my verizon droid phone!!!!

shaselai

Jul 3, 2011
So I am in Brazil with my droid charge and I want to make some local calls. I bought a TIMChip GSM card and replaced my Droid Charge's sim card and restarted. I get an "unknown SIM card" warning and i tried to activate it by making a call. After tinkering around the options I was able to set the network to CDMA mode and make the call but i get cut off immediately after the call is "being made". I see that the TIM Chip is GSM and it seems CDMA phones dont use SIM cards but how come there is a slot for it in the back of the droid charge housing my LTE chip? Or is it just a coincidence the shape is the same?

As a followup, what are my options for being able to make local calls without internet help? thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones