1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General URGENT Contact Deletion Help Needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Leevis, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hi
    I have an S6 and my daughter wanted my old S4. To cut a long story short I purchased a pay as you go SIM and put this in the S4 and she was happily using it but she had all my old contacts on the phone.
    I bulk deleted these thinking this would remove them from her phone but unfortunately it has deleted these from the S6 as well so i have hardly any contacts now.
    Is there any way to get these back??
    Really need help urgently
    Lee

Advertisement

2. Leevis

Leevis Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    What i did on this was
    1. Factory Reset the S4
    2. Installed updates
    3. Bulk deleted all contacts using the select ALL option
    4. Worked on S4 but now no contacts on S6

This must be due to a sync issue somewhere but i have tried to restore on Google but doesnt work :(

Grr

Anyone got any bright ideas? Desperate here

3. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    If you are using the same Google account on both phones – your username and password , the following steps could have occurred.
    1) all contacts deleted on S4.
    2) Google sync deletes all contacts on Google sync (cloud).
    3) Google sync updates your "new" contacts list on your S6.
    If this is the case, you need to go to your Google account on both phones and set up separate accounts so this doesn't happen in the future. Otherwise you will get your daughters contacts on your phone and she will get your contacts on her phone.
    I do not know if Google does periodic backups of their cloud base, but it might be worth exploring.

If you use Outlook or any PC/cloud-based system for your emails, you might have to resort to them to update your contact list. Some carriers like AT&T also backup contact data.

Best of luck

4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Go to:
    https://contacts.google.com
    and in the left panel click on 'More' and select 'Restore contacts'. A contextual box will pop up with options to go back days to a week or more. Hopefully if you haven't altered your contacts too much in the past few days it will be able to restore at least most of your previous ones.
    And for future reference, if you're in a situation where you do need to delete all contacts of some other device, be sure to disable the 'Sync contacts' option on that device first so it doesn't pair up with your online Google account.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.