1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

!!!!URGENT!!!!Galaxy S3 touch screen isn't responding

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3
    Model: SGH-T999
    Carrier: T-Mobile

For a while now my phone has had a habit of overheating on its own and having the screen freeze and completely refuse responding to touch.

The first time this situation happened I thought I damaged the digitizer and figured it was a lost cause for a quick fix. Because I was still under warranty by Samsung I sent it in and they did not help at all believing a tiny crack on my screen (from previous wear and tear and not associated with any screen problems) was cause for the malfunctioning and therefore refused to fix my phone. When they sent it back about a week and a half later, upon turning on my phone I saw it was completely back to normal, responding to touch.

I did not believe this problem would then occur again, but it has, several times. Most times I just leave the battery out for a couple of days and hope for the best. I've tried to use the factory reset to wipe out what could've been harmful downloads, etc. Or other times I try to "reboot" my phone or switch out the battery, and they all seemed to have fixed the problem in the meantime, but my phone screen once again has decided to give up on me and no longer respond when I touch it. This is incredibly urgent considering I have a new job revolving around me answering my phone when it's needed and the dilemma of me not wanting to pour out more money to have it diagnosed as nothing wrong.

I've tried everything and all I need is a solution or anything that won't cost me an outrageous amount to fix.

Thank you!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Since it's obviously a hardware problem, there's no "do this, push that" solution. Someone has to diagnose the phone, find the bad part(s) and replace it/them. How much it's going to cost depends on what's wrong. (A motherboard costs a lot more than a battery, for instance.)

denise_ likes this.