1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

URGENT! HELP! Android Video Players

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Execut1oner, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Execut1oner

Execut1oner Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Hi guys,

I'm screwed. I just bought 3 Android projectors from China to my firm and I use them to loop commercials on a rear projection film. BUT, every single damn video player I've tried, once video is looped again, suddenly displays a menu pop-up, which later goes out. Dafuq!

I'm in a serious trouble. I need it running in 24 hours. Could you guys help me here? All I need is an Android video player capable of repeating a video without anything popping out inbetween the repeat. That's all. (an,hopefully,play .flv format (but not a big deal))

Oh, yeah, and since the version of this Android is evil, I can't have the Play Store,so I need a download link for the .apk file, if you can provide it.

Any supermen out there who know stuff?
    I will literally transfer you money for help to your bank account anywhere in the world. I promise.

HELP!:thinking:

Darius

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Video Looper may do what you want. I don't have a download link for the apk (all the links I've found eventually lead to the Play store), but you could try Play Store Install and download it from Play. Or download it to a phone, put it on an SD card, put the card into a projector and run it. It'll install the app.

You'll probably have to do a better job of making the video than I did to test it (just panned across the desk and back) because there's a barely perceptible pause going from the end of the video to the beginning, so if the scene shifts abruptly it's a bit jarring. Maybe a second of blank screen or something. But don't listen to me - I'm not a video producer.

Execut1oner and funkylogik like this.
  3. WoohooGuy

WoohooGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    woodworking
    boston ma
    You can try a nightly beta of VLC -
    VideoLAN - VLC media player continuous nightly builds

You want the android version but there are 3 to choose from depending on what processor the projectors run.

It won't hurt to try all 3, just install them one at a time for testing. If one doesn't work then be sure to uninstall it before getting the next one.

Don't bother with the android x86 version, your projectors will ARM, try the arm 6 variety first.

Execut1oner likes this.
  4. WoohooGuy

WoohooGuy Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Male
    woodworking
    boston ma
  5. Execut1oner

Execut1oner Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks guys. Some players seem to ignore my order to loop the video. Also, in Asti player I can only see to choose A (start) and B (end) points to loop. Where is the normal repeat button?

I installed MXplayer, so far it seems to work smoothly and also loop as requested, however, I saw ads, but am not sure when they appear. I think only when I pause the video or am in the menu? Do they appear while the video is playing? Does anyone know? I watched maybe 5 loops, but didn't see the ad whilst playing a vid, however, am not sure maybe it will appear later when I will set it up to show my video on the window....?...

6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    I used to use MX a lot for watching movies and never got interrupted by an ad. Now i use BS Player which is very similar :thumbup:

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  7. Execut1oner

Execut1oner Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Great! So there is no reason but as a donation to purchase the pro version of the MX ?
    BSplayer was recommended to me as very good, however my Android version is really weird and lags videos played by BS. All in all, I do not recommend android projectors. They're pain in the ass.

8. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    MX player only shows ads when you pause, so it should not be a concern.

WoohooGuy likes this.
  9. Execut1oner

Execut1oner Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Thanks. Can you please answer my previous question as well? It's the last question I have.

10. vosg

vosg Android Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Male
    Software Developer (retired)
    Antwerp, BE
    Press Menu, then Play. There are options to loop all or just one video.

funkylogik likes this.