1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Urgent Help Need to Recover Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ehknaton, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Ehknaton

Ehknaton Newbie

Hello everybody, I could really use some help now..I'm stuck
    Ok, lets' start from the begining.

1. I started with a phone BUKG2, rooted it with CF-Root - All ok.
    2. Made nandroid backup with CWM 5.0.2.7
    3. With CWM I flashed CyanogenMod 7.1.
    4. CM 7 keeps freezing, and I want to restore, but now I have CWM 5.0.2.6 and it won't find any backups when I try to restore.
    5. I've done factory reset/wipe cache, and tried to flash ICS XWLP7, but ODIN got stuck at boot.bin while installing. I canceled that
    6. Now I can still get into CWM.

This is the whole scenario, sorry if its to long, but I wanted to give all the details. Now please can you advise me what to do to get my phone back?
    How can I restore my nandroid ?
    Can I still startup CM7.1 even after wiping/factory reset ?

What can I do to get my phone back ? Even stock rom would be good, but I don't want to get stuck in ODIN again. To install the drivers for the phone, is it enough to just install Kies, or do I need to plug the phone for Kies to "see" it? Because this is a fresh install on Win7, I never plugged the phone in again.

Please any help will be greatly appreciated :)

*Update: I just started my phone..CM7.1 start ok. Can I somehow update CWM to 5.0.2.7 so it recognizes my nandroid backup so I can restore ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Android Enthusiast

Different versions of CWM store the backups on either the internal SD or external. Have you checked both?

ETA: folder is /clockworkmod/backup on both.

3. Ehknaton

Ehknaton Newbie

Hi, you are exactly right speedycolzalez , that's what I tough of myself, I remembered I read somewhere CWM 5.0.2.7 uses the external_sd for storing backup, and older versions store it in the internal_sd. That's why CWM did not "see" the backup.
    So I copied the whole /clockworkmod folder from the external to internal sd. Then I restored nandroidbackup with no problem.
    Everything is fine now. This thread can be closed.
    Thanks to all

4. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Android Enthusiast

That's OK. No need to thank me ;)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews