• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Urgent help needed - phone unusable

Nickc001

May 10, 2010
Ok, it all started with removing my facebook account and re-adding it (so that the contact pictures would update in the people app)

now as per most htc phones untill apps2sd becomes available, the amount of storage on the phone could fit into a match box with the matches still in.

So just before my phone went crazy, i noticed that in the people section there was my google contact and two facebook contacts for every person i looked at.

So i guess when i deleted my facebook for htc sense account it didnt delete the previous contact photos like its done previously.

so now i have about 10kb of memory on my phone, as soon as i wake the screen up all i get is force closed message for every single app/ program whatever ive got on my phone, and yes you guessed it i cant do sod all now with my phone..

ok a little angry but can someone suggest what i can do, done a battery pull and thats about the height of my knowledge in these situations - it did nothing.

have i bricked it?

Try this -

After startup, force close (you will prob still get this popup whilst doing this, so just force close again)

1. Press the Search button on your phone
  2. Type in Settings and select it from the results
  3. Select Applications > Manage Applications > HTC Sense > Clear Data
  4. Press the Home button
  5. You should now see the default wallpaper and widgets
This will NOT clear all of your user data, so you'll still have contacts, sms call logs and apps etc..

Give it a try, worked for me!

Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones