1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

URGENT HELP NEEDED RE:Calender Apps.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Natasha Connelly, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Natasha Connelly

None

Sep 15, 2016
    Female
    Hi all. so i have spent the last 6 months or so trying to find an amazingly good Calender app, i had sunrise which was pretty amazing. since that shut down i have struggled to find what i needed in a calender.
    Im on Android (obviously)
    i need it to cross multiple accounts (more than one email account preferably)
    i need some sort of booking Alert (you are about to schedual XYZ and you already have this running kind of thing)
    these calenders are used to run a home aswell as a buisness. im not worried any more about paying as these calenders are used on more than a daily basis.
    Please help us.

Thank you

Advertisement

#1 Natasha Connelly, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. munemsahariar

None
  3. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    The end of Sunrise has created something of flurry of people looking for good calendar alternatives. Have you given any thought to migrating to Google Calendar? It's already on your phone, well integrated into Android anyway, and unlike a lot of things Google may or may not continue to support (Buzz, Wave, Reader, etc., etc.) Google Calendar has a long history of continued (and arguably consistent) development. There's also a solid iOS app, and you can access your Google Calendar on any computer by going to:
    https://calendar.google.com
    Lots of info in Google Calendar's help page too:
    https://support.google.com/calendar/?hl=en#topic=

Of course you can follow what Microsoft prefers and just move to Outlook. There's an Outlook app for both Android and iOS, and of course the desktop Outlook application and/or web page access.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    There's also Jorte, but if you want all the extras, it's not free. It will work as a standalone and sync with both Google and Outlook.

5. Natasha Connelly

None

Sep 15, 2016
    Female
    So ive had a look at all these calendars that are on offer and yes although i have the basic uses of a normal calendar i just need that something extra (wish i knew how to develop an app lol) thank you for looking and giving me these
    suggestions.
    The hunt has not ended.

6. Natasha Connelly

None

Sep 15, 2016
    Female
    im not liking the outlook calender for these reasons, when i go into the calender it does not scroll back to todays date and many times i have entered a session witha client and inputted it on the wrong date. also it was constantly glitching out and not showing me entire days or things i had booked, if i scrolled through it it would stay at that point and not scroll back. so no i wont be using the stock outlook calender.

7. Natasha Connelly

None

Sep 15, 2016
    Female
    i just want to say what it us that im looking for
    the most important one is if im double booking so i have an alert pop up telling me im about to book over something else
    Multi platform
    can have many email accounts as i would be using it for business as well as personal, not bothered now about the cost although i dont want to pay monthly i dont mind an upfront fee.
    im now wondering if some sort of schedule or to do list would be an idea but i need it to have the features of the calendar as well as what im looking for... and i dont know how to build my own app otherwise i would of... lol
    any ideas are welcome