1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

urgent help required

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nay1979, Dec 12, 2021.

?

please help bypass or rem ove privacy protection password

1. most relevent

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. privacy protection password removeal

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nay1979

nay1979 Lurker

please help bypass forgotton privacy protection password

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Bypassing security measures on Android is not discussed on this forum.

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

There is no bypass. Because if there was, it would defeat the object of having the privacy protection. .

Deleted User, ocnbrze, Hadron and 2 others like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

A factory reset will remove the privacy protection password, as well as removing all of the data that that password protects (i.e. everything on the phone). So provided you do know the Google login and password for the phone (which you will require in order to get into the phone after a reset) this is a possible solution if you care about getting into the phone but don't care about the data on it. You will not be able to recover any data on the phone after a reset unless you have a backup that is not on the phone (the phone storage is encrypted and the reset will erase the encryption key), so if your concern is recovering data then do not do a reset.

If you don't know the Google login credentials currently on this device then whatever you do do not reset the phone, as that will lock you out even worse than now and will also have erased your data.

#4 Hadron, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Bypass = No.
    End of discussion.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Have you checked the options for recovering from a forgotten password? Like resetting from the email or phone number that was used to register the account.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

If it is forgotten, go to Google for password recovery on another device.

ocnbrze, mikedt and Dannydet like this.
  8. Hadron

VIP Member

Surely that's for account passwords rather than "privacy protection" (lockscreen) passwords.

ocnbrze, mikedt and Deleted User like this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You're correct, though this OP had a single sentence which was vague, and there was a similar longer thread with @kate that dealt more with a locked screen on a reset devices (which I didn't know could happen)

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Sorry @mikedt
    Let's play Duelling Banjos sometime. :p

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My mind is a sieve since yesterday. :rolleyes:o_O

Privacy protection password gets you in to someone's set up device and their account?

Google"s account password + login enables avoiding FRP when resetting another's device

Why someone's reset and account removed device on the other thread still had a lock screen password I couldn't figure.

ocnbrze likes this.
  12. Hadron

VIP Member

Yeah, it's just what Google call the lockscreen password.
    If I were being pedantic (which is an occupational hazard in my line of work) I'd say that the Google login unlocks the phone after FRP is activated. The way to avoid FRP is to remove the account before resetting, but you need to unlock the screen to do that.
    Yeah, that does not make a lot of sense to me...

ocnbrze and Deleted User like this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra release date was February 14th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.9" inch screen, 108MP camera, 8/16GB RAM, Exynos 990 processor, and 5000mAh battery.

February 14th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews