• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

URGENT PLEASE HELP need to back up my phone for TOMORROW!!

Steelie

Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys really need your help,

my HTC HERO is being an idiot and force-closing HTC sense and the system apps so it's going back to the ThreeStore tomorrow morning for a straight swap for a new one.

can someone PLEASE tell me how i can back up my contacts from my phone to my PC or email or something so i can keep them, i have too many to backup to SIM so i need to sort it.

annoyed that i'm losing my setup data cos ive only had it for two weeks but i suppose i'll have to start again.

all my important stuff is my contacts, then images and MP3 files but i have backed them up to my PC already just cant afford to lose my contacts

Thanks guys

is there anything else i should back up?

your contacts should already be backed on to your gmail account.....you can check for this by logging into gmail on your computer and then go to contacts..if the contacts are backed up then you shud see them all....if not then you shud go to the market and download an app called exportcontacts and then get the .csv file off of your sd card and import them into gmail via your computer.....send me a personal message if u need further instructions

Upvote 0
just looked at it, $5 to download, not that fussed about the price but it's only needed to save my contacts cos im not bothered about losing apps, pictures or music, got those saved already.

im only interested in backing up contacts cos my email settings and texts arent important.

is there a good free one that will sort my contacts?

Thanks!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones